Padnell Road Recreation Ground - Cowplain - PO8 8EH
THE ROWLAND CUP
In 1928, Sir John Rowland donated a trophy (The Rowland Cup) for a competition to be played between all the clubs in the District.
The proceeds from this competition were to go to the Amenities and Comforts Fund for Hospital Nursing Staff, at the Royal Hospital, Portsmouth.
The first winners of the trophy were Pembroke Gardens.
It was played for each year until the outbreak of World War 2. However, it started up again in 1942.
The above information taken from Frank Eele's book "Bowling Down The Years The History Of the P&D"
THE 2017 WINNERS
THE TEAM AND TROPHY